March 27, 2010

Make-Up Review, Wet-N-Wild Color Icon in Lust and Greed

For those who don't know, Wet-N-Wild is an affordable drugstore brand in the United States. It can range from $.99 to about $9.99. I have always been a big fan of this brand because they have always been a great quality and lasting dupe of the more expensive products. Also it is not animal tested YAY!!!

Recently, Wet-N-Wild went through a change in their products and packaging. They don't look so childish anymore and can appeal to younger to older teens and women in their early 20's (Honestly though if I was like 60 I'd still be buying Wet-N-Wild). They also added new products such as the Color Icon collection which consists of 4 products with each product containing 6 shadows. They are cynically named after the deadly sins including, Lust, Greed, Pride, and Vanity AND cost only $4.99.

Wet N Wild's packaging before and after. Much more stylish!


Color Icon Palette Collection: Greed, Vanity, Lust, and Pride

I purchased both Lust and Greed and I wish I purchased the rest. These colors are SO pigmented its crazy!!! I have about 6 MAC shadows (although none that are similar in color) and these are MUCH MUCH MUCH more pigmented.



Lust includes these beautiful purples, a light metallic charcoal, what seems to be a Beauty Marked dupe, and two neutral colors (one is pinker and the other more yellow). These colors blend SO well with each other. Its so beautiful!!! One of the best palettes I have ever had.


Ew gross skin... but pretty shadows :)

Wearing Lust shadows in the purple half!

I didn't try Greed yet but it has these matte neturals, a light shimmery purple, a black matte, dark shimmery charcoal, and a shimmery pink. While swatching though, the pink and purple shimmers were so light and nearly not pigmented, just shimmery. The charcoal shimmer is okay HIGHLY PIGMENTED. The matte shadows were EXTREMELY pigmented and I would buy it for the matte shadows alone! One of the neutral colors have this light orange shade to it which is not a bad thing, its a very beautiful color its just if you don't do your makeup right it can just look like your shadows have creased. Also since the dark shadows are pigmented it can sometimes look ghastly.
This is my horrible interpretation of this palette.

Looks ghastly right? I think I put too much of the purple shade because I felt like there wasn't enough LOL

Looks like a neutral gray-purple shade

I wasn't careful with my darks so it overwhelmed the other shadows and made it look ghastly.
So be careful!!

All in all, I love these shadows and can't wait to get the rest!!! I think Greed might not get as much use as Lust, but I will find some way to work it in. I need to spread the LOVE!

I am not affiliated with Wet-N-Wild just in love with their affordable products :)

3 comments:

  1. Lust is really pretty!
    Can you post how Greed looks when you try it? I'm curious~
    Interesting to hear that a drugstore brand can have strong pigmentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted it, but I didn't do a very good job because I put too much black shadow by accident!

    Drugstore brands aren't as bad as you think! Wet N Wild is great also because it doesn't test on animals<3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!

    Maybe I'll try a palette then, the new look sure is encouraging~
    Thanks for the review, it was very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete